20 Feb 2017

A strange certainty

On the first of February I had a meeting in Salzgitter, to talk about my first exhibition in a museum, Schloss Salder, for the beginning of 2018. When driven back to Berlin in the evening I was drifting off to sleep, it must have been after 6 o clock when I was waking up again. The first thing I noticed, that the blue unobtrusive interior lighting of the limousine was off. Outside a strange subdued light, far too light for the time of day, but no lights on the cars in front of us, or coming toward us. Nothing. Only a reflection on the metal of the cars from an unknown source of light was to be seen… I was drifting off the sleep again. Next time I was waking up again everything was back to normal. The blue light was on, it was dark outside, and every car had its lights on…


5.9 x 5.9 inch / Oil on MDF board / 15cm x 15cm / Öl auf MDF Bord

Sold / Verkauft

© Edward B. Gordon, all rights reserved.